Why you should choose Harrington and Co
We take the responsibility of letting your property extremely seriously and can offer you a flexible, tailored letting package with three optional levels of service:
Let Only Service
Perfect for landlords who want to manage the tenancy themselves but want confidence that all necessary paperwork has been completed professionally.
Letting & Rent Collection
Perfect for landlords who will manage the upkeep of the property themselves but do not want to be involved in the collection of rent.
Perfect for landlords who have limited time or are travelling or livings overseas and who want to outsource the day to day tenancy management and upkeep of their property investment to a professional agent.
Over 20 years experience
We understand that becoming a landlord can be a daunting experience but since Harrington and Co have over twenty years experience in letting properties we are confident that we have designed a service that ensures that all of your legal obligations are met and that the best tenants are sourced for your property.
By choosing Harrington and Co you can be sure of...
- Experienced attentive, professional trained staff
- Regular director contact
- A diligent service from start to finish
- Flexible, tailor made service options to suit your requirements
- Competitively priced, open and transparent fees with no hidden charges
- Up to date legal documents and advice on property rental matters
- Deposits being registered with a government backed deposit scheme
- Strict adherence to the code of practice demanded by the Property Ombudsman
Preparing your property to let
An appraisal of your property will be carried out free of charge and using extensive knowledge of the local rental market and up to date lettings market data you will be given honest and credible advice on potential rent achievable. During the assessment we will be happy to discuss the lettings process with you and to answer any questions. To ensure that you are aware of your legal obligations as a Landlord we will also provide the latest information and guidance on important regulations surrounding gas appliances, electrical installations, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, consent to let, landlords insurance, deposit schemes and optional rental guarantee insurance.
Marketing your rental property
- Effective advertising and marketing utilising high quality photographs
- Properties listed on the major property websites including Rightmove, Zoopla & Prime Location
- Additional online marketing through Facebook and Twitter
- Erection of distinctive To Let board
- Free accompanied viewings with relevant client feedback and progress reports
- Matching your property to our extensive database of potential clients
- All suitable applicants shortlisted for discussion with landlord
Moving your tenant in
- Drawing up a legally binding tenancy agreement setting out the rights and obligations of both tenant and landlord
- Preparation of a high detailed written and photographic Schedule of Condition using specialist software
- Issuing relevant safety certificated and documents
- Registration of deposit and providing the legally prescribed information to the tenant
- Accompanied check in to the property
- Notification of new tenant details to local authorities and utility providers including submission of meter readings where relevant
Where the fully managed service has been chosen
- Ongoing collection of rent and provision of rental statements to landlord
- Regular property inspections followed by written reports
- Organising any maintenance work and repairs in liaison with the landlord
- Tenancy renewals, rental reviews and notices
- End of tenancy checks and deposit returns
Where the letting & rent collection service has been chosen
- Ongoing collection for rent and provision of rental statements to landlord
- Tenant references and credit checks carried out by an independent professional referencing company
- Securing the most suitable tenant for your property
- Informing the landlord of the timescale for meeting regulatory requirements